RENE RECOMMENDS: MY FAVORITE SUNSCREEN!
Hey GEMs… It’s the summer season and that means we’ll all be spending a lot more time outdoors. You know, cramped...Beauty: GEM RecommendsJune 20, 2010
THE EVOLUTION OF DAD
Good Enough Mother has tears in her eyes! I just finished watching the trailer for a new film called The Evolution...Family & HomeJune 20, 2010
Underdressed And STRESSED!
When will Good Enough Mother learn? It’s the end of the school year and that means recital time. Casey is...Family & HomeJune 18, 2010
WEDNESDAY NEWS UPDATE
The recession continues to take its toll on the most vulnerable. A shakeup at the dinner table? WHAT-THE-HELL?? Can THIS affair-proof...Family & HomeJune 16, 2010
PLANNING THE PERFECT PARTY
So Good Enough Mother is navigating the awkwardness of adolescence all over again. Not her own (which was sheer JOY) rather...Family & HomeJune 16, 2010
A LITTLE SOMETHING FROM DADDY DIDDY
Diddy, Diddy, did he? Why yes he did, GEMs! Back in January this year it was widely reported that Sean...Ask ReneJune 16, 2010
ALL DOLLED UP
Do you think kids are dressing appropriately nowadays or a bit too provocatively? An online group thinks they definitely need to...VideoJune 16, 2010
HUNG UP ON THE HANGOVER
Welcome to the end of the year GEMs, we almost made it (I am of course referring to the school year...VideoJune 15, 2010
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY BOY!
He had enormous eyes that literally took up a third of his face. We knew then, not much would get by...Family & HomeJune 15, 2010
RENE ON CNN: MILEY’S MAKEOVER!
Miley Cyrus, known to audiences for years as the super sweet Hannah Montana, is branching out. I mean WAY out! As...Rene on TVJune 15, 2010
RENE ON LXNY: NOT TONIGHT HONEY, I’D RATHER…..
Recently, Good Enough Mother was asked for her take on a new study by iVillage that reported two thirds of married...Rene on TVJune 15, 2010
ALL FOR SHOW
While yesterday Good Enough Mother was just sort of scratching her head, today she is OUTRAGED! It’s about the young woman...Family & HomeJune 15, 2010
- Good Enough Mother, Prudential and The Eagles: How to “Take It Easy” In Retirement!
- @A visual representation of what it’s like to get @Uber @Uber_Support to make code on a coupon code that a brand paid for which they did not honor. They should be ashamed of themselves & how they treat small businesspeople #PoorCustomerService
- What do #GoodEnoughMother, @prudential and #TheEagles have in common? Over on the blog, check it out plus what I learned about the need to #ProtectYourRetirement . Link is in bio. #Prudential #ad
- GEMs of Beauty: The Holiday Roundup
- WARNING: long post about personal responsibility.About a month ago a number of seemingly disconnected things in my life came together. It’s almost like I could hear them, the way metal clicks when mechanisms are locking into place.There were 3 major shifts in my life. I don’t feel like talking about them with great specificity here or anywhere for that matter and I may never. Because, though they were the catalysts, they were not ultimately responsible for the change. I was. One of the aforementioned things was/is pretty minor. Or so I thought. But I started doing it, every day, and it laid the groundwork for the other things. One of the things was major. It required a different mindset, being vigilant. Paying attention to my body. To my environment. It required that I make plans and anticipate situations. It also required me to be more in tune to my body, to how I was feeling and what I wanted to do about that. The last one involved a deep and fundamental shift in how I view the world. The one theme here through the 3 catalysts was me. Each of these pieces required action. Not REACTION; action, in that I had to initiate.I was responsible. I AM responsible. The change in me this last month is because of me. It's not because I wanted to fit in a pair of pants, or for a job or because I'm supposed to. It is because I and I alone am responsible for my life. While I cannot control some parts of it, I sure as shit can control my reaction to it. I am a work in progress, as we all are. And while I am happy with the choices I am making, I know I may have to change as I continue through this journey of mindful action. I am in charge of me. And I know exactly what I have to do. #blackfitness #ebonyfitness #ladimaxlifestyle #aging #chickswholift #womensfitness #goodenoughmother
- I mean…… 🤷🏽♀️ #goodenoughmother #Thanksgiving #Family #truth
- Years ago I taped a #Cancer special for #CNN at #MDAnderson in #Houston with the Bushes. Before we all sat down, Mrs. Bush said to her husband, “George, you remember Rene don’t you? She used to do the morning show on #CBS” He said he remembered, even if he didn’t because, Barbara . Anyway, it was a special time spent with special people. #RIP #georgehwbush #georgebush #CAVU
- When you lose 2.25 inches off your waist in ONE MONTH and it shows up on your face. Side note: I will be 56 in February. Oh hey there, #LadimaxLifestyle #NoFilter #truth #MatureBeauty #beauty #Skincare
- The year was 2014. Coincidentally the last time I was in the kitchen for #Thanksgiving. I think the WHY is clear. 😑 #GoodEnoughMother
- 🌞 🏽