DANCING WITH THE STARS – MY DREAM CASTING!
There were a couple bits of news recently that had Good Enough Mother picking her jaw up off the floor. The...Ask ReneAugust 24, 2010
$5 MILLION DOLLARS… THAT’S QUITE A ‘SITUATION’!
Good Enough Mother is having a bit of a disconnect. You see while I want my kids to go to school, get...PodcastsAugust 23, 2010
ASK RENE: THE SISTER IN LAW FROM HELL
Hi Rene, My husband and I have been together for 4 years, married for a year and a half. When we...Ask ReneAugust 23, 2010
SCHOOL SHOPPING INSANITY!
Good Enough Mother has just completed school supply shopping with the husband and the two kids who sprang forth from my...Family & HomeAugust 22, 2010
GREAT WAY TO START THE DAY: 4 LAUGHING BABIES!
You know there was a time, and it didn’t seem like that long ago, when Good Enough Mother would just...Family & HomeAugust 22, 2010
YOU’VE GOTTA BELIEVE (PODCAST)
Have you ever wanted to just give up? You know, forget your dreams because they are too hard to attain? Maybe...PodcastsAugust 22, 2010
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM CATTRALL: YOU SEXY BEAST!
If there ever were an example of getting better with time, it would have to be Kim Cattrall – who turns...VideoAugust 21, 2010
CRAZY COMMERCIAL: THE SNAZZY NAPPER
Good Enough Mother has been on this planet for 47 years and I must say this is the most ridiculous thing...VideoAugust 21, 2010
COUGAR LIFE – THE COMMERCIAL
So Good Enough Mother had to crack open the bottle a bit early today because Cole, for some reason, would not...VideoAugust 20, 2010
GUEST POSTING: BACK TO SCHOOL
First Day Tips From A Good Enough Mother Even though I loved school and eventually became a teacher, I cried on...Guest PostingsAugust 20, 2010
OUR FIRST PODCAST: ASK RENE ANYTHING!
They’re completely random and range from the silly to the serious. So if you want to know what the most money...PodcastsAugust 20, 2010
SEXY SARAH: DEFENDING DR LAURA
Good Enough Mother is starting to feel a little sorry for Dr. Laura. Not only is she racially and culturally tone-deaf...Ask ReneAugust 20, 2010
- Hey everyone…I am okay! I had a “cardiac incident” today about 10am. I was standing in my living room talking to Nicole Sanders who had come over to drop off some stuff when all of a sudden it felt like I was being stabbed in the chest. On a scale of 1-10 it was a 20! I ended up at the ER and when I got here they immediately took multiple EKGs as I told my story 20 different times. As some of you know, I have been under extraordinary stress these last several months. The ER folks went to work right away.I did not have a heart attack but my father died from heart disease at a young age so I am at risk. Add to that being a post menopausal, black woman and S-T-R-E-S-S!! I am here at the hospital until Tuesday morning when I will have a stress test (they don’t do the test on the holiday so at least some folks will have a good time this Memorial Day 😑). In the meantime I am going to rest, something i have been neglecting.Let me say this to my women friends and followers: I didn’t want to go the the hospital because I was worried about family and expense and blah blah blah. You know what makes that stuff disappear? DYING! And I was not going out like that today!Please pay attention to your bodies. Get enough rest. Know your family history and live accordingly. If you are smoking or drinking too much, reign that shit in. If you are carrying around too much body fat, be real with yourself about it and get it under control. And please exercise regularly! TAKE YOUR HEALTH SERIOUSLY!I’m going to log off now and watch a movie and get a decent night’s rest as the poking and prodding starts early tomorrow. I’ll leave you with this picture of the bracelet the ER doc put on me.NEVER GIVE UP!#GoodEnoughMother #blackwomen #WomensHealth #blackwomenshealth
- I have a lot to say about what has happened to me over the last 48 hours. I will explain more later once I get my thoughts together.. but for now, this:If you are being reckless with your health.. if you have habits you know are shortening your life or will impact the quality of it, I have one question.. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Get your shit together.. NOW! #womenshealth #blackfitness #momlife
- A little older, a lot wiser (and grayer 😑). Loved seeing this funny lady ! ️ #naturalhair #teamnatural #grayhairtransition
- Oh hey! I realized I forgot to update you on my recent excitement. Okay it’s long but there is an important message here.Before I fill you in (and there will be a lesson for all of us )I am fine. Actually better than fine. And I want to thank you for the thoughts, prayers and well-wishes. As I told you over the weekend I had what doctors thought was a “cardiac incident.” It was not. You know what it was?Guesses anyone?MUSCLE SPASMS! But now we have perhaps the clearest picture of my heart ever. And you know what it said? No damage. No blockages!And you know what it said?My 56-year-old heart is healthy and STRONG!Now here’s the takeaway for me:My fitness has been lacking these last several months because of some other things in my life that I thought took precedence over that.As a result I thought my heart had suffered. It did not. Sure, my cardio is not as good as it could be but I can change that. But what I saw yesterday as result of this battery of tests was the picture of a woman who spent her life being physically active. And that paid off. From track and field and basketball in high school and college to making it a priority in my adult life more often than not, I saw a heart that was strong even WITH my risk factors.SO…. what does this mean for you? It means that if you are not, it’s time to move that ass! Walking is fine to start but you need more. You need to eat to fuel your body and leave these diets to the Internet. You need to act like this is the one life you have and protect that shit.I had thousands of people wishing me well when I was laid up. Here’s where the rubber meets the road. YOU🏽HAVE🏽TO🏽HELP🏽YOURSELF 🏽🏽🏽! A pill may be part of the equation but dammit, stop waiting for that to save you! You are responsible for a big part of this; stop saying you’re too busy or you can’t afford it or buying loose and bigger clothes or hiding behind your kids in photos or taking photos at ridiculously high angles. If this makes you uncomfortable, ask yourself why. Then stop fooling yourself and move that ass! #womenshealth #ebonyfitness #blackhealth #momlife #goodenoughmother
- Why It’s So Important to #ProtectYourRetirement
- People ask me all the time about how to write a book. I say start writing. Wrote in notebooks, on sheets of paper, on blogs etc… writ write write. Don’t worry about it being perfect, or even good.. use your notebook as a brain dump..carry it everywhere and write when you can! Sometimes they will just be notes or scribbles but get it down and flesh it out later.To Karen Moline thank you for teaching me and taking my words and turning them into my legacy ️ #GoodEnoughMother #writer #author #momlife #motherhood
- To the kid who tested my patience but expanded my love in ways I could never have imagined, happy 21st birthday @coleandblack ! The world is waiting for you! Love, your #GoodEnoughMother ️️#WeMadeIt #YouStillMadTho #momlife #BlackBoyJoy
- HAPPY FATHER’S DAY to the man who has left an indelible mark on so many! We ️you @buffparham !
- #Ad Check out the scenic views from atop the Dominick Hotel in Manhattan. Those sweeping views provided the best backdrop for women to learn more about the unique challenges they face in retirement and how setting up a “paycheck” in retirement can help. Over on the blog, more about how connections and confessions inspired hope for a healthy retirement with protected lifetime income. Link in bio . #ProtectYourRetirement #Prudential
- I’ve always felt at home near the ocean. #WaterBaby #Aquarius #GoodEnoughMother #nodyenolye