A “JEWEL” IN THE ROUGH
Good Enough Mother’s Grinch-like heart just expanded three sizes upon watching this video. I dare you, DARE YOU I say to...Ask ReneJuly 13, 2010
LINDSAY LOHAN: LITTLE GIRL LOST
Good Enough Mother is a little sad this morning. And angry. I’m saddened by this crazy Lindsay Lohan mess. She’s no...Ask ReneJuly 13, 2010
ASK RENE: MY DAUGHTERS GOT DRUNK!
Hi Rene, I’m really hoping you can help me with this one! My husband Martin and I recently went away for a long...Ask ReneJuly 12, 2010
MONDAY NEWS ROUNDUP – JULY 12TH
After decades of international wrangling, Roman Polanski is a free man. Lindsay Lohan plans to stay out of jail. Shouldn’t she...Ask ReneJuly 12, 2010
MORE MEL GIBSON: BULLY TACTICS
Good Enough Mother has been thinking about poor ol’ Mel Gibson the last couple of days (see my recent Mel’s Meltdown...The LatestJuly 12, 2010
Sometimes Good Enough Mother has to shake her head at the irony. This time it comes courtesy of Mel Gibson’s profane,...The LatestJuly 11, 2010
SOUTH CAROLINA FUN, DAY 3
Good Enough Mother needs to lose a few pounds and so does my big girl Olivia. So we have been walking...TravelJuly 10, 2010
SHOULD YOU OFFER UNSOLICITED PARENTING ADVICE?
Good Enough Mother is still recovering from our trip to Lowes last night. We (and by “we” I mean ME) are...Family & HomeJuly 10, 2010
ASK RENE: GOSSIP GIRL
Dear GEM, I’ve got a bit of a mess on my hands at the moment and would love your advice. My husband Ray...Ask ReneJuly 9, 2010
WHY DROWNING DOESN’T LOOK LIKE DROWNING:
A friend sent this article to Good Enough Mother the other day just as we were embarking on our excursion to...Family & HomeJuly 9, 2010
DOES PARENTING REALLY MAKE YOU UNHAPPY?
A whole lifetime ago, when Good Enough Mother was anchoring The Early Show, I remember sitting down to interview a psychologist....Family & HomeJuly 9, 2010
MOVE OVER LUNCHABLES!
You know what those are, the little trays of processed meats and cheese, full of fat and sodium that your kids...Family & HomeJuly 9, 2010
- Sometimes when you are bold enough to let the dream live in your head… it doesn’t even need to escape your lips just yet, the universe responds… And so…I have some exciting news to share with you. Those of you who know me best, know I have always wanted to act. I've been thinking about it more seriously, entering competitions and writing screenplays (fancy word for scribblings) as I tried figured out how I was going to make this happen. Then last week, I was approached by Chad Lawson Cooper the playwright and producer of a production called Black Lives Matter Too: Justice On Trial The Play to be a part of his play!The play is about two African American attorneys who sue the Justice Department for reparations. The attorneys have quite a distinguished list of witnesses they call, including #HarrietTubman, #EmmittTill and #MedgarEvers who, as you can imagine, have very compelling stories. I am going to play the judge who presides over the trial. I am humbled to share the stage with so many amazing and talented artists, including Chad's wife Alicia Cooper who is a FORCE as Harriet Tubman. So to my Tri-state family.. if you can make it, I would love to see you there.. The play is remarkable and I am so honored to be selected to be a part. Please like their FB page Black Lives Matter Too: Justice On Trial The Play and hope you can make it Sunday, October 28th, 2018! Just a reminder, your dreams have no expiration date… #FollowYourDreams #goodEnoughMother #SecondActs
- “That’s not how life works.” Saw this on FB and had to take a breath. Yes. This is how it goes. You don’t get to skip the shitty chapters so you can get to the good things. You don’t get to have dessert only and leave the muscle building stuff on the plate. You grow when it’s hard as shit. The problem is it’s difficult to see the growth/reasons when your eyes are puffy from crying and the last shred of faith in yourself is about gone. Ask me how I know. But it’s all apart of the journey. You’re living your bestseller. Don’t stop writing before the heroine saves everyone, including herself. Now.. carry the fuck on. #GoodEnoughMother #life #learning #lifelessons #instagood #PillowTalk #growthmindset
- Once upon a time, in the not-too-distant past, there was a boy who spent all of his time here. When he first started, the layups were shaky. They got better, he got taller and layups gave way to dunks. Now this place in the corner of the driveway stays empty and quiet. No more reverberation of the hoop snapping back into place. No more young guys sneaking beers, talking about life and girls. No more of the very rare invitations to play H-O-R-S-E. No more drilling an extra bolt here or there to keep the backboard in place. Just a hoop that helped usher a young man through puberty and create memories for his mother who reminds herself today that the only constant in #life is #change. #GoodEnoughMother #RaisingTeens #Family #Memories #momlife #boymom #basketball #HoopDreams
- #ProtectYourRetirement Twitter Chat!
- #Ad Why so happy? Because I’m celebrating #ProtectYourRetirement Day with @Prudential and #alincome . What’s your biggest concern about your retirement? For me, it’s about having money that lasts a lifetime. Join us in #TimesSquare for more! #Prudential
- Ahhhhh… My #happyplace.. #kiawahisland, #SouthCarolina. When I retire, I’d love to be able to spend more time here, so I need to figure out how to make that happen. That means protecting my lifetime income. To that end, I’ll be with @ALIncome & @Prudential to celebrate #ProtectYourRetirement Day. At the event, you can try out virtual reality experiences AND learn about the importance of lifetime income planning. Plus, Jean Chatzky, the Financial Editor at the Today Show, co-founder & CEO of Her Money Media & the host of the HerMoney podcast will be joining the event! Swing on by learn how you can #ProtectYourRetirement #Prudential #ad
- This old girl, in the twilight of her years, still so regal. #OliviasWorld #dogsofinstagram #labsofinstagram #petsofinstagram #doover #furbaby #instagood #fall #momlife
- That part.
- Me watching the @sensusancollins press conference. A pith helmet kind of day. . #truth
- My heart is breaking for women who have been victims and are now having all this shit bubble up in their lives, just like raw sewage. #kavanaughhearings #christineblaseyford #sexualassault #believesurvivors #SevenDoorsToFeelSafe