WHY DROWNING DOESN’T LOOK LIKE DROWNING:
A friend sent this article to Good Enough Mother the other day just as we were embarking on our excursion to...July 9, 2010
TEENS ARE DOING WHAT?
Years ago, when Good Enough Mother’s children were the cutest little babies, before they fought constantly and gave her the push...July 8, 2010
PINOT WHILE PREGNANT?
Do we really have to give up our wine for the entire 40 weeks while pregnant? A recent Australian study said...July 2, 2010
YES, I WILL HAVE FRIES WITH THAT
Good Enough Mother ran across this little item in USA Today. Apparently the Center for Science in the Public Interest sent a...June 23, 2010
HAIR, HAIR, IT’S ALL ABOUT THE HAIR!
Summer is officially upon us and you know what that means? Lot’s of swim and sun. We wear sunscreen for...June 23, 2010
RENE RECOMMENDS: MY FAVORITE SUNSCREEN!
Hey GEMs… It’s the summer season and that means we’ll all be spending a lot more time outdoors. You know, cramped...June 20, 2010
SING FOR THE CURE
Good Enough Mother cannot sing a lick but somehow I ended up on the stage at Carnegie hall! I had a...June 14, 2010
- Wow. As the mother of two kids who prepped for and took their own exams (without paying someone to correct the wrong answers) who got in based on their merit not connections, who made sacrifices to stay in school, who worked while in school, who stayed awake at night, anxiety riddled with anxiety about tuition and tests…. THIS SHIT REALLY pisses me off. You can quote me. #College #SAT #CollegeCheating #parenting #Dammit
- Oh hi, old friend (one of many..) #truth #adulting #saturdaynight
- So… I wrote a piece for USA Today talking about the college cheating scandal. Some of you may recall Casey took a semester off from school in 2017. It wasn’t by choice. A spectacular financial aid screw up meant the money to send her back just wasn’t there. It was an awful, heartbreaking time.. but we did the thing we do.. which was the best we could in light of the circumstances. Casey decided instead of staying home moping, she would go to Johannesburg and volunteer her time. It was a beautifully rewarding thing borne of an awful struggle. But that’s how we grow. It’s how she grew.. and we are better off for it. Link is in the bio. #parenting #fordhamuniversity #motherhood #studentlife
- Sending a reminder for whoever needs to hear this. Everything is going to be fine. It might not feel like it now. In fact it might feel like shit. Hang on because it gets better. But sometimes it has to get worse first. We don’t learn when things are easy; we learn when they are difficult. Where you are now is temporary. Take notes. Appreciate all of it, even the shit parts because that’s where the growth is. ️ #truth #lifelessons #mom #momlife #college #parenting #fordhamuniversity
- Heaven. #kiawahisland #southcarolina #familytravel #shorttermrental #Airbnb #VRBO #homeaway #nowbooking
- Dining room table… DONE! #KiawahIslandGEM #SouthCarolkna #Vacation #FamilyTravel #Airbnb #HomeAway #Booking #ShortTermRental #VRBO #NowBooking