Team GEM Is Thankful!
Team GEM Is Thankful! “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners...November 21, 2013
What Matters Most: 6 Steps To Holiday Peace Instead Of Chaos
What Matters Most: 6 Steps To Holiday Peace Instead Of Chaos Don’t you just love this time of year when the...November 7, 2013
What Matters Most: Expectation vs. Reality…This Is NOT What I Signed Up For!
What Matters Most: Expectation vs. Reality… This Is NOT What I Signed Up For! Before I married I envisioned what being...September 12, 2013
What Matters Most: Children And Church.. Is This The Best Way To Handle Them?
What Matters Most: Children And Church.. Is This The Best Way To Handle Them? Our Sunday mornings are usually a bit...August 2, 2013
- Wow. As the mother of two kids who prepped for and took their own exams (without paying someone to correct the wrong answers) who got in based on their merit not connections, who made sacrifices to stay in school, who worked while in school, who stayed awake at night, anxiety riddled with anxiety about tuition and tests…. THIS SHIT REALLY pisses me off. You can quote me. #College #SAT #CollegeCheating #parenting #Dammit
- Oh hi, old friend (one of many..) #truth #adulting #saturdaynight
- So… I wrote a piece for USA Today talking about the college cheating scandal. Some of you may recall Casey took a semester off from school in 2017. It wasn’t by choice. A spectacular financial aid screw up meant the money to send her back just wasn’t there. It was an awful, heartbreaking time.. but we did the thing we do.. which was the best we could in light of the circumstances. Casey decided instead of staying home moping, she would go to Johannesburg and volunteer her time. It was a beautifully rewarding thing borne of an awful struggle. But that’s how we grow. It’s how she grew.. and we are better off for it. Link is in the bio. #parenting #fordhamuniversity #motherhood #studentlife
- Sending a reminder for whoever needs to hear this. Everything is going to be fine. It might not feel like it now. In fact it might feel like shit. Hang on because it gets better. But sometimes it has to get worse first. We don’t learn when things are easy; we learn when they are difficult. Where you are now is temporary. Take notes. Appreciate all of it, even the shit parts because that’s where the growth is. ️ #truth #lifelessons #mom #momlife #college #parenting #fordhamuniversity
- Dining room table… DONE! #KiawahIslandGEM #SouthCarolkna #Vacation #FamilyTravel #Airbnb #HomeAway #Booking #ShortTermRental #VRBO #NowBooking
- Heaven. #kiawahisland #southcarolina #familytravel #shorttermrental #Airbnb #VRBO #homeaway #nowbooking