Single Mom Slice Of Life: Try A Little Understanding
I just wrote the most absurd Facebook message ever. “Is it safe to assume that while we sweat out 116* weather,...August 29, 2011
Single Mom Slice Of Life: Getting Comfortable With Change
“If we’re growing, we’re always going to be out of our comfort zone.” – John Maxwell Our tiny family of three...August 15, 2011
Single Mom Slice Of Life: Is There Magic In Your Life?
If you’ve been checking out my last couple of postings here at Good Enough Mother you’re probably aware of our...August 1, 2011
Single Mom Slice Of Life: My Dating Dilemmas!
When I told a few of my friends that my next Good Enough Mother posting was going to be on...July 18, 2011
Guest Posting: Five Tips For Single Mom Sanity
You know, I had originally offered to write a piece for my Aunt Rene thinking it would be no big thing,...July 8, 2011
- Wow. As the mother of two kids who prepped for and took their own exams (without paying someone to correct the wrong answers) who got in based on their merit not connections, who made sacrifices to stay in school, who worked while in school, who stayed awake at night, anxiety riddled with anxiety about tuition and tests…. THIS SHIT REALLY pisses me off. You can quote me. #College #SAT #CollegeCheating #parenting #Dammit
- Oh hi, old friend (one of many..) #truth #adulting #saturdaynight
- So… I wrote a piece for USA Today talking about the college cheating scandal. Some of you may recall Casey took a semester off from school in 2017. It wasn’t by choice. A spectacular financial aid screw up meant the money to send her back just wasn’t there. It was an awful, heartbreaking time.. but we did the thing we do.. which was the best we could in light of the circumstances. Casey decided instead of staying home moping, she would go to Johannesburg and volunteer her time. It was a beautifully rewarding thing borne of an awful struggle. But that’s how we grow. It’s how she grew.. and we are better off for it. Link is in the bio. #parenting #fordhamuniversity #motherhood #studentlife
- Sending a reminder for whoever needs to hear this. Everything is going to be fine. It might not feel like it now. In fact it might feel like shit. Hang on because it gets better. But sometimes it has to get worse first. We don’t learn when things are easy; we learn when they are difficult. Where you are now is temporary. Take notes. Appreciate all of it, even the shit parts because that’s where the growth is. ️ #truth #lifelessons #mom #momlife #college #parenting #fordhamuniversity
- Dining room table… DONE! #KiawahIslandGEM #SouthCarolkna #Vacation #FamilyTravel #Airbnb #HomeAway #Booking #ShortTermRental #VRBO #NowBooking
- Heaven. #kiawahisland #southcarolina #familytravel #shorttermrental #Airbnb #VRBO #homeaway #nowbooking