Our Story Begins: Worth A Thousand Words
My daughter hates the picture you see up there. So you very well might ask me, “Why in God’s name would...February 12, 2012
Our Story Begins: Have A Little Faith In Me
This week taught me a lesson and made me think…a whole lot. This was the week my work life and home...February 5, 2012
Our Story Begins: Are You A Mother Or A Martyr?
At the beginning of 2001 I packed up my whole family, wife, two kids, all of us and moved to...January 29, 2012
Our Story Begins: And Where Do We Go From Here?
I am going to both vent some frustration and ask for your advice this week. My hope is actually...January 22, 2012
Our Story Begins: The Exhaustion of Fear Itself
Physical exhaustion. I had no idea that those two words could actually be a state of being, a plateau of consciousness...January 15, 2012
Our Story Begins: Meet Me At The Dinner Table
When I became the only parent in our household I thought I had to be all things to all people. It’s...January 8, 2012
Our Story Begins: You Say You Want A Resolution….
I hate New Year’s resolutions; let’s just get that out of the way right now. It’s not the cheap, cheesy exaggeration...January 1, 2012
Our Story Begins: The Decisions That Break You In Two
Hey everyone, I’d like you to meet Dave Manoucheri, our newest columnist. You might recognize him as he was one of...December 28, 2011
- Wow. As the mother of two kids who prepped for and took their own exams (without paying someone to correct the wrong answers) who got in based on their merit not connections, who made sacrifices to stay in school, who worked while in school, who stayed awake at night, anxiety riddled with anxiety about tuition and tests…. THIS SHIT REALLY pisses me off. You can quote me. #College #SAT #CollegeCheating #parenting #Dammit
- Oh hi, old friend (one of many..) #truth #adulting #saturdaynight
- So… I wrote a piece for USA Today talking about the college cheating scandal. Some of you may recall Casey took a semester off from school in 2017. It wasn’t by choice. A spectacular financial aid screw up meant the money to send her back just wasn’t there. It was an awful, heartbreaking time.. but we did the thing we do.. which was the best we could in light of the circumstances. Casey decided instead of staying home moping, she would go to Johannesburg and volunteer her time. It was a beautifully rewarding thing borne of an awful struggle. But that’s how we grow. It’s how she grew.. and we are better off for it. Link is in the bio. #parenting #fordhamuniversity #motherhood #studentlife
- Sending a reminder for whoever needs to hear this. Everything is going to be fine. It might not feel like it now. In fact it might feel like shit. Hang on because it gets better. But sometimes it has to get worse first. We don’t learn when things are easy; we learn when they are difficult. Where you are now is temporary. Take notes. Appreciate all of it, even the shit parts because that’s where the growth is. ️ #truth #lifelessons #mom #momlife #college #parenting #fordhamuniversity
- Heaven. #kiawahisland #southcarolina #familytravel #shorttermrental #Airbnb #VRBO #homeaway #nowbooking
- Dining room table… DONE! #KiawahIslandGEM #SouthCarolkna #Vacation #FamilyTravel #Airbnb #HomeAway #Booking #ShortTermRental #VRBO #NowBooking
- #breakfast on the #beach. #nowbooking #kiawahisland