Pixie Dust Central:
The Progression Of Disney Springs
Have you GEMs heard about the new and exciting things that are happening at Downtown Disney at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida? There are many brand new things on the horizon and it’s been so exciting to see the changes so far. The photo above is of a brand new Village Causeway which provides Guests with another path of travel through the Marketplace, connecting the area near The LEGO Store across the water to Rainforest Café. With beautiful brickwork and handsome arches, the bridge houses four new freestanding retail locations: Flour & Sugar, Icon Jewellery by Bico, Kate & Leo and Florida Bath Co. I can’t wait to spend some time checking it all out!
The largest expansion in Downtown Disney history, Disney Springs will provide even more opportunities for Guests to relax and enjoy themselves. When completed in 2016, Disney Springs will double the shopping, dining and entertainment experiences from the current 70 to approximately 150! With an eclectic and contemporary mix from Disney and other noteworthy brands, guests will be treated to sophisticated grace and design that harkens to Florida’s waterfront towns at the turn-of-the-century. Drawing inspiration from Florida’s natural beauty, Disney Springs will include four interconnected neighborhoods: The Landing (opening in early 2015), Marketplace, West Side and Town Center (opening in 2016).
Take a look at some of the wonderful new things in store for us . . .
1. New Shopping!
Trendy new retail shops are just the beginning of an entirely re-imagined Downtown Disney. With everything from sun hats and stylish flip-flops to customized headphones and gluten-free cupcakes, Downtown Disney has become a shopper’s oasis for all to enjoy.
- The Art of Shaving – A boutique retail offering that sells high-end shaving supplies and related grooming products for the modern man. Founded by a husband and wife in a Manhattan apartment, The Art of Shaving has grown to a worldwide organization. Guests can receive expert shaving advice on products and techniques, or make an appointment for a luxurious grooming experience at the Barber Spa.
- Apex by Sunglass Hut – A first-of-its-kind sunglass store that was built with the athlete in mind. This retail location showcases the industry’s best selection of sport performance and lifestyle eyewear including Oakley, Ray-Ban, and Under Armour. In order for guests to choose a lens to best suit their needs, Apex has developed environmental simulators so guests can test out how a specific lens will perform under a variety of light conditions.
- Chapel Hats – A fashion forward shop that specializes in an assortment of hats for guests of all ages. The location carries stylish hats including fedoras, cowboy hats, floppy hats, outdoors hats, kid’s hats and more. Every Chapel Hats location is themed to a different time period and is built by using old pieces of shops, factories, schools, pubs and The Downtown Disney location is themed to the 1920s.
- Havaianas – A Brazilian-based shoe store that offers fashionable flip flops made with the highest quality rubber — with hundreds of styles to choose from. This store will feature a large assortment of colorful Havaianas for women, men and children, plus kids’ rain boots. There’s also the “Make Your Own Havaianas” and “Embellish Your Own Havaianas,” option, where guests can customize this casual footwear.
- Sanuk – Innovative, fun and comfortable footwear with more than 175 designs will be available at this 1,000-square-foot venue. Taking its name from the Thai word for “fun,” Sanuk strives to make more innovative products that are as much about funk as they are about function. Favorite styles including Yoga Mat Sandal Collection and its patented “Not-A-Shoe” Sidewalk Surfers will be showcased.
- Sound Lion – A new retail concept that offers the latest technology in headphones, docking stations, wireless music players and other products. Before purchasing a product, guests can hang out at their Listening Bar and find which product works best for them.
- Erin McKenna Bakery NYC – A unique bakery with savory offerings and an all-vegan and gluten-free menu. Look for a full selection of award-winning donuts, cupcakes, cookies, bagels with vegan butter, and other delicious items daily. Some of their fan-favorite cupcakes from their flagship bakery in New York and sister bakery in Los Angeles include vanilla cupcakes with zesty lemon frosting, red velvet cupcakes with creamy vanilla frosting and brownie cupcakes with rich chocolate frosting.