Wishful Thinking: What Country Is On Your “Bucket List”? (VIDEO)

Good Enough Mother® - "Travel" Rene

Hey everybody, it’s “Wishful Thinking” time again! When we’re young, it’s so easy to let our imaginations run wild. Then we grow up. We do things we’re supposed to do, you know, “sensible” things and we forget that which fascinated us as children.

But I believe “you gotta name it to claim it” so let’s put those dreams out there and make them happen. The question today is, “What Country Is On Your “Bucket List”? Watch the video and then leave your response.

1. Joyce@MommyTalkShow

October 30, 2011 at 8:20 am

Hi Rene,
    You will have a blast in Italy. I went there in 2003 for my 30th birthday gift to myself.
    The country I’d love to visit is Australia. Thanks to Oprah it reinvigorated my interest in seeing the land Down Under!

2. Holly - The Culture Mom

October 30, 2011 at 9:07 am

I adore Italy. It’s one of my personal favorite destinations and it’s a very child-friendly place, as well. We took my daughter when she was one. But I’m dying to get to India. I love that there is a spiritual nature of the country and want to see it for myself one day.

3. Deon Smith

October 30, 2011 at 9:44 am

China has long been on my list with its ancient history, rich culture,and amazing stories behind many of its historic buildings and landmarks.

4. Wendy

October 30, 2011 at 11:06 am

I have always had two… Italty just for the pure rich culture of it all, and I even started to learn Italian in the hopes of one day running away from home. I don’t want to visit the popular places, I want the small off the beaten track villages…

MY second and most compelling draw Ireland, simply for the beauty of it. All things Irish has always been a sort of draw for my small family. No rhyme or reason, but we’re easily distracted when it comes to Ireland.

5. Pam

October 30, 2011 at 12:47 pm

I’d go to Italy also and Spain. But as I think about this, there are so many interesting places right here in the US that I’d like to visit. So I think one of my bucket list items would be to do a cross country trip stopping at the famous landmarks and all the other places that interest me.

6. Sandy Seale

October 30, 2011 at 12:53 pm

India. My daughter Shelley has been past 7-8 yrs. with The Miracle Foundation to help at the orphanages TMF runs & supports. 25 milllion+ kids orphaned by poverty, AIDS, etc. Shelley Seale is a writer & wrote The Weight of Silence: the Invisible Children of India” to bring awareness to the plight of “her” kids. It has been my dream to go with her one year & see my “grandkids” I’ve ony seen in pics & videos so far. I think I’m going to be able to go with her next fall…God willing. She has touched my heart with her love for the country & the children who deserve the same opportunities in life that our children have….education being the prime one. I’ve been to Italy (Lake Como & Venice) & France (Paris & south in wine country) & both are awesome.

7. Leslie

October 30, 2011 at 2:17 pm

I would like to go to Africa and see “the big five” on a safari.

October 31, 2011 at 3:16 am

I’m old now and never going to fly again. Glad I got it done when it was pleasant. I’d like to experience the aurora borealis. I think it would blow my mind. I like seeing this country. Road trips, stop for this or that. If I could, I would like to live the rest of my life way up in the mountains. So so beautiful (with a drive down to the ocean for a weekend once a year or so).

9. Phillipa

October 31, 2011 at 8:26 am

I would love to go to Australia and dive in the great barrier reef! Although I do have lots of other places I would love to go to on my online bucket list on http://www.wanderable.com – it’s a great place to share tips and comments with other people!

October 31, 2011 at 8:37 am

Cameroon, West Africa.

A few years ago I ordered one of those kits from the genographic project to try to link some of what I know of my family history after slavery to any of the history I could find of my family before it. Most African-Americans who have tried to do this know that it’s not easy. I did the mouth-swab, mailed it in, and waited for my results. I’m not sure what I thought would happen but just thinking about what I might find was kind of exciting.

My results were far from conclusive, but a little detective work later, I did find that my genetic markers most closely resembled the people of Cameroon. That doesn’t mean a whole lot: in Africa, Cameroon is known as “little Africa” because of it’s huge cross-section of people from all of the other countries. Still, every since I learned of the possibility, I’ve felt a connection to Cameroon… wishful thinking maybe. I just feel like I have to go there now. There’s no telling what I’ll find, but I won’t know until I’m there.

…And when I do get there, I’ll write so much on it, it will be as if I took you ALL with me! LOL

11. Lichelle

October 31, 2011 at 10:57 am

I lived in Italy for 2 years…simply Beautiful. But I would like to go to Egypt. I have always been fascinated with the Pyramids…

12. TechyDad

October 31, 2011 at 1:37 pm

I have 3. The first is Israel. I’d love to go there and see the sights, but I’ve got to say that the threat of terrorism deters me.

Australia is the second on my list. That one is put off by flight time and cost.

Finally, I’d like to go on a trip to trace my ancestry. This would involve travelling to Lithuania/Poland/Russia.

For now, though, I’ll satisfy myself by visiting the World Showcase in Disney World’s Epcot.

13. Smarty P. Jones

October 31, 2011 at 8:23 pm

I have a few countries, actually and they’re all in Africa. I want to visit South Africa because I am a history freak. Though I was alive for the end of apartheid, I didn’t understand the gravity of it. The fact that I can go there and literally put my hands on on history. I want to visit Robbins Island where President Mandela was imprisoned and the whole historical everything.

I want to visit Kenya to do a safari. IDK why in Kenya, but, I have always wanted to go there since I did my Social Studies project in fifth grade. And I want to visit Egypt to see the Great Pyramids and I want to trace my family’s lineage back to Africa.

This IS wishful thinking, right?!