Good Enough Mother Wants YOU!

Hello everyone!

Hope you’re all having a fantastic Presidents’ Day. I’m down in South Carolina at the moment with Casey and Cole – and certainly not missing the snow and sleet up north… hmm, maybe we’ll have a BBQ later!

I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you all for reading our postings, commenting and getting involved in Good Enough Mother over the last few months. Your loyalty and support means the world to me (and the rest of Team GEM!) We’re gonna have some exciting announcements to share with you in the coming weeks and months as we continue to grow our little empire… so stay tuned!

In the meantime we’re always looking for ways to involve you, our fantastic readers in the site. If you’d like to write a GUEST POST for us please just click on the Green Button in the left hand sidebar for more details… we love reading what you guys have to say.

Don’t forget we’re always after people to take part in our LIFE LESSONS and SECOND ACTS strands. If you fancy getting involved in these great features just email us at admin@goodenoughmother.com and my team will send you our list of questions. I strongly believe we can all learn from each other’s life experiences – so get answering everyone!

Also if you haven’t joined the Good Enough Mother FACEBOOK page – what are you waiting for? You can now become a fan of the GEM site and be kept up to date with all our latest postings – and my random ramblings 24/7. I’d love to see you on my page!

Also we’re on a mission here to spread the GEM message as far and wide as possible – and one of the best ways of doing this is via our growing army of loyal fans. So if you read a piece and want to spread the word don’t forget to ‘like’ it (via the button at the bottom of each piece)… and if you’re feeling super inspired click on the Facebook logo at the top of each page which will allow you to post the page link in your Facebook status – and spread the word to everyone you know.

Thanks again for all your kind words and wonderful support… we’re on an amazing journey together and I for one can’t wait to see where the future will take us…

Love

Rene x

1. Rae S.

February 21, 2011 at 3:13 pm

I absolutely LOVE Team GEM and Rene too. LOL! Please know that you have a habit of making my day. Trust and believe that I will continue to follow, support and participate in any capacity. Just put my checks in the mail.
    Side note: I am waiting patiently for my t-shirt reading “GEM Rocks with World Domination Soon To Follow”.

TT&RYL ( talk to and read you later)

February 21, 2011 at 6:11 pm

@Rae, You had me at hello.. 🙂

3. Irene

February 21, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Who can resist a site that isn’t afraid of a little duct tape?

Great to be around here….because when the going gets tough…the tough has other g.e.m.s. & g.e.d.s. to gripe, laugh and give the other side of the coin with.

Think of it as a virtual millenium bunko…

I know you probably didn’t think so at the time Rene but this was CBS’s loss….

4. The Recovering Attorney

February 22, 2011 at 12:09 am

Why stop at the SC border? We love GEM here in Atlanta—can’t wait to see all that the “recovering” you and GEM will become! I said it once and I will say it again, that silly little news organization. . .their loss, our gain! All the best and continued growth. PEACE to you!

February 22, 2011 at 6:57 am

@The Recovering Atty: Oh don’t you worry, I’m coming down that way. Not this trip but maybe next.. or we will meet midway! Yes, there’s a lot of recovering that needs to happen! Best and thanks for your transparency!

6. Pam R

February 22, 2011 at 10:13 am

I absolutely love this site. As a matter of fact I have it set as my home page so I never go a single day without seeing what’s going on with the GEM’s and Rene’…you like that I was rhyming!! LOL!!!

February 22, 2011 at 10:25 am

@Pam WOW, thank you! Well, I love your insightful comments so keep ’em coming and thanks again!

8. M.E. Johnson

February 22, 2011 at 6:03 pm

I’m addicted. I thought I knew everything until I found GEM. Can’t bear to miss a day.

February 22, 2011 at 6:16 pm

M.E. awwwwwwww, symbiotic it is, as we learn from you too! Thanks!

10. Cookie Burke

March 12, 2011 at 11:08 am

Hello beautiful…I’ve been wanting to write this for a while. I’ve been following your career for such a long time. Me and my mother use to love watching you in the morning. I admire you; keep doing your thing.

The question you asked about reinvention and new beginnings – I am there as I currently write this. Let me share my story:

In less than 5 days, my baby son will be turning 18yo – so you talk about new beginnings, and in April, I will be 45yo – time for reinvention.

I have an older son who lives in Philly, who got engaged this past Christmas holiday (why did I cry…I was happy, but still I cried. Felt like he was no longer my baby, but someone elses. By the way, my daughter-in-law to be is cool, now. That’s a whole different topic). He is a school teacher in the Philadelphia School System and now is in the process of buying a home – pretty much living his life. And oh, I forgot to mention the most precious thing in my life – my granddaughter (3yo).

A few weeks ago, I was an emotional, funky mess – everything was making me cry. I went to lunch with some friends, and they broke it down to me – you are transitioning into a new phase of life (hellooo, is there anyone else out there who can identify with me); you have no more babies, and so now, you have to learn how to live all over again. I knew that, but them confirming it, just made me feel better.

Let me just share a little bit more about me. At the age of 40, while my son was a junior in college; a single momma, I went to Beauty School for a year — that was a challenge in itself, dealing with all of those mouthy teenie boppers…I wanted to crack a few of them in their disrespectful lips..lol!! While in school, I started writing a book – published it (now 43yo) last year, January 9, 2010, and now (44y0) I have become an Entrepreneur.

So yes, I am at a new beginning and reinvention phase of my life, and I’m embracing it. The funny thing is, I just put that on my FB page the other night.

Each year I gravitate to a word that I want to portray throughout the year. The word for me this year was “bold”. Part of my boldness this year is stepping out of my comfort zone. Each day I take baby steps out of this zone; whether its by striking up conversations with complete strangers telling them what I do business wise, buying a bold-colored lipstick, asking a man out on a date, or sharing my story on “Good Enough Mother”, I’m doing it.

In closing, Rene, you are the best and the funniest. Secretly, I think you are a comedian waiting to be discovered. I pray many blessings and peace to you and your family and one day, I hope to meet you and share a glass of wine.

Peace & Love,

Cookie Burke
    Mother
    Senior Cosmetologist
    Author
    Entrepreneur

March 12, 2011 at 2:24 pm

@Cookie, oh thanks so much for writing in and sharing this! Life is about taking, as you said, those “baby steps” outside of our comfort zone and into a whole new “us”. I don’t know why, when we were younger, we had a this view that life was a destination. now we know better and have come to embrace the journey, whatever it is and holds for us. Sometimes it’s exhilarating, sometimes it’s a white knuckle ride. But whatever it is, we’d better learn to accept and go with it, ’cause it’s coming, no matter what we do 🙂

Buckle up as you enter this new phase. You’ll do GREAT!