Bon Voyage! Good Enough Mother And Mickey Set Sail

As we dig out from the third major storm of the season here in the Northeast, Good Enough Mother has a song in her heart because by this time next week, I will be on my way to the Bahamas. Don’t hate. You see I’m not just flying to the Bahamas but sailing there in spectacular style aboard Disney’s newest cruise ship, The Disney Dream. Okay – you can hate now!

Here’s the deal… The fine folks at Disney invited the Good Enough Mother team to check out their newest ship, which officially sets sail later this month. The Disney Dream is the latest addition to the Disney fleet and while the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder are pretty spectacular ships too, the Dream is BIG! She’s 128,000 tons – roughly 40% larger than the others in the fleet. I’m no stranger to cruises having been on quite a few in my time but I would often see the Disney ships in port and wonder what sailing on them would be like.  Now I’m about to find out firsthand and I’ll share it all with you. Fancy a sneak peek – here’s a little look!

YouTube Preview Image

As well as getting some much needed R&R on the trip I’m going to give you my unique GEM take and keep you abreast of all our adventures. Sometimes it’s hard to choose a vacation that will be fun for the whole brood but after checking out the Disney website it looks like there’s virtually no danger of that on this cruise. From the nine-hold miniature golf course to the onboard roller coaster/water slide, it looks fun is on tap for everyone. And I’m covering all the bases – my mom is coming with me and my GEM producing team, Richard and Roger, will also be along for the ride (those big kids are standing in for Casey and Cole)

I want to reassure you that it will still be business as usual here at Good Enough Mother we’re prepping lots of great stuff for the site for while we’re away and are aiming to post from onboard, internet coverage permitting! And just think, when we get back, we’ll have amazing stories to tell and pictures to show. It will be sort of like you were right there with us. I promise!

Okay gotta run, I have about 12 pounds to lose before Tuesday… hey a girl can dream, can’t she?

Rene Syler is a wife, mother, breast cancer advocate and television personality whose burning desire to tell the truth about modern motherhood led her to create GoodEnoughMother.com. When not spending time with her family or burning something for dinner, Rene travels the country as host of Sweet Retreats on The Live Well Network and Exhale on Aspire.

1. Disney cruise

January 12, 2011 at 6:57 pm

No hate…just envy! My girls and I have cruised and it’s always a good experience! Glad you’ll check this out for all (now hate)! My girls are too old now for a cruise of this nature but, have a great time Rene!
    Jerry

January 12, 2011 at 7:00 pm

LOL thanks Jerry. We are really looking forward to seeing all the stuff the new ship has to offer. Oh, and getting out of the snow and into some sunshine!

3. Pam R

January 12, 2011 at 11:03 pm

I am hating!!! LOL!!! I so want to go on a vacation! I so neeeeeed a vacation … and not with the family! Just me, me and did I mention me! Have fun Rene’ can’t wait to “see” about all of your adventures…I will live thru you while you’re there!! :)

4. Faun Reese

January 13, 2011 at 12:07 am

Awwww…of course I’m jealous! I went on the Disney Cruise last year but I haven’t had the pleasure of going on THIS cruise!! Have a WONDERFUL time and take LOTS of pictures and keep us updated, please. Wish I’d get offers like that but I guess I’d have to be top dog, like you! :-) You’ve worked hard for it, though and so diligently deserve it.

5. Faun Reese

January 13, 2011 at 12:09 am

At Jerry…you’re never too old for Disney!! :-)

January 13, 2011 at 7:40 am

Just clicked on the link to find out what the heck that water slide was! It’s called the “Aquaduck” and it looks INSANE!!! I’d go on the cruise just to ride that thing! Rene, you to HAVE to ride it for me and get some video if you can! It’s the first “sea rollercoaster”, and the tube actaully takes you out over the ocean!!! Just looking at it makes me feel like a kid all over again! PLEASE ride it, and tell us all about it!

7. M.E. Johnson

January 13, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Looks great! I certainly enjoyed my cruise. Hope you have a ball.

8. Pingback: The GEM Debate: What’s The Worst Vacation You Ever Took?